Updating to 1.11

• Admin

5 months ago, we updated Glowstone’s implementation to 1.10, and Glowkit was moved to a patch-based system.

So, Mojang recently released the first version for Minecraft 1.11, which means MCP, Bukkit, Spigot, and Paper should update in the coming days (hopefully). Just like last time, I think we should consider updating how we push new future updates (note that I am not talking about bug fixes, but features in general) -> we will probably change our version scheme to a Minecraft version-independent update cycle: having our own betas, releases and versions with support for a specific Minecraft version.

In other words, I think we should start off with what we have, and progressively update with new features starting from major features not currently implemented (AI, Rails, some generation stuff, etc.) and then going on with more recent additions (1.9-1.10-1.11). Obviously, the first thing I am going to do is to update the protocol to 1.11 - without necessarily adding all the new features included in the Exploration Update right away. Hopefully, we will be able to push important features quicker than we normally do.

What do you think?

Looks like your connection to Glowstone was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.